Ingela made these crackers for us one Christmas and we loved it
Thin Healthy Crackers
- 4/5 cup (2 dl) corn meal
- 2/5 cup (1 dl) sun seed – natural
- 2/5 cup (1 dl) sesame seed – natural, unpeeled (you find them at Whole Foods e.g.)
- 1/5 cup (1/5 dl) flax seed
- 1/5 cup (1/5 dl) pumpkin seed
- 1/5 cup (1/5 dl) olive or canola oil
- 1.5 cup (3,5-4 dl) boiling water
- Put the oven on 300F
- Stir until you have an even dough that does not crumble up. Add a bit more water if it crumbles.
- Put non sticky parchment paper on 2-3 baking sheets. I use 3, one is 11 x 17 inches and two are slighter smaller.
- Divide the dough on the sheets and tear an extra paper and put on top of the dough.
- Use a rolling pin to spread the dough to an even very very thin layer. The thinner the better they will taste.
- Take off the paper on the top and use the same paper for the other sheets.
- Finally you sprinkle some salt flakes over the dough and use a knife to cut squares.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 1.10 – 1.15 min
- Good luck