This is an old recipe from Nona. You can tell by the use of comino and garlic. That was the best and only way we knew to get you guys to eat vegetables (or pretty much anything green) when you were little.
- 2 large bags frozen green beans French cut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, peeled and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves – pressed
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 envelopes of Sazon (Latin spices)
- Cook the beans according to the package instructions.
- Pour out the water and drain the beans in a colander.
- Put the pot back on the stove and heat the oil.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook for a couple of minutes until translucent.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, spices and stir together.
Photo by Jimmy_Joe