- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (use breast if you prefer)
- 2 fresh whole limes, cut in half
- ¼ cup tequila
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic pepper
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package premade garlic flavored polenta (from supermarket)
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh Corn and Black Bean Salsa (See recipe next page)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Day before, or as many hours before cooking as possible
- Mix the lime juice, tequila, paprika, garlic pepper, plenty of salt, and black pepper.
- Put the chicken in a glass bowl, and pour the mixture over.
- Prepare a gas, electric, or charcoal grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked throughout (you can also broil of pan-fry the chicken).Remove from heat, set aside, and keep warm.
- Slice the polenta into ¼ inch slices. In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Fry the polenta slices for about 1 minute on each side, or until they are crispy, golden brown. Place the slices in a single layer, on a baking sheet in a warm oven until ready to serve.
- To serve, place chicken on each dinner plate.
- Add the polenta slices and top them with salsa.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top of dish. Serve immediately.