Boiled Potatoes with Dill
Small New Potatoes
- If using small new potatoes, scrub them clean and drop them into boiling salted water together with sprigs of fresh dill.
- Cook, covered, over moderate heat till tender or about 15 minutes. Test with a toothpick.
- Drain off the water and let the steam disappear. Serve at once.
To cook the larger (winter) potatoes
- Select potatoes of the same size and scrub them clean. If desired, peel the potatoes before putting them in the pot.
- Add water to cover and 2 tablespoons of salt for each pound of potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, cover and turn down the heat. Let simmer till tender for about 20 minutes.
- Drain well and let the steam disappear. Serve at once.
Photo by CharmaineZoe’s Marvelous Melange