Red Beet Salad
- 2 to 3 pickled red beets (from a jar)
- 2 cold cooked potatoes
- 1 small apple, peeled
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced leek
- ¾ to 1 cup cream-fraiche or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled cucumber
- Prepared mustard, salt, white pepper to taste
- Dice the beets, potatoes and apple.
- Mix with the leek.
- Flavor the cream with chopped pickled cucumber, mustard and spices.
- Blend the salad with the dressing.
- Chill before serving. If desired, garnish with thin rings of leek.
Photo by stu_spivack