For a while, this became a favorite of “David and the boys”, even on occasions other than Christmas.
Swedish-style Spare Ribs
- 1 kg. (2 lb. 3 oz.) spare ribs. I normally buy the meatier kind, country style.
Ribs Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 dl (1 cup) chili sauce
- ½ dl (1/4 cup) finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Set the oven on Broil or on Bake at 350F.
- Mix together the ingredients for the seasoning, and rub the meat thoroughly with it. Allow to marinate overnight.
- Put the meat, fat side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Broil for 1 to 1 ½ hours. Or roast for about 1 ½ hours at 175C (350F).
- Turn the meat around once, and baste with some of the remaining marinade.