- 1 yellow onion
- 100 g butter
- 400 g veal liver
- 4 anchovy filets
- 1/3 teaspoon allspice
- 2/3 teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 dl white flour
- 3 dl whipping cream
- ½ dl cognac
- Set the oven at 350F, and put a tin form with water on the lowest rack.
- Chop the onion and fry it lightly in a little butter until translucent. Take the skillet off the stove, and put in the rest of the butter so that it melts with the onion.
- Clean the liver, if needed. Mix in the food processor with anchovies, onion-butter, spices, egg, and flour. Towards the end, add cream and cognac, but don’t let it “beat” too much.
- Pour in a buttered oven dish, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 1 ¼ hours if it is a metal or foil container; a little longer for glass dishes.
- Take off the foil during the last 20 minutes. In the end, the pâté should have the same consistence in the middle as on the sides.
- Serve cold, or at room temperature. In the refrigerator, it keeps for up to a week, in the freezer at least a month.
Photo by EatLiveGrowPaleo.com